Information TRUE HERO FOUNDATION collects and how we use it
To fulfill its mission, TRUE HERO FOUNDATION depends on the participation of people just like you. Our website is designed to facilitate that participation through interaction, which often means asking people for their personal information. What follows is an explanation of the ways in which we ask for your personal information.
Where applicable, TRUE HERO FOUNDATION complies with EU data protection law when collecting, using, storing and otherwise processing your personal data (as defined in the EU General Data Protection Regulation ((EU) 2016/679) (“GDPR”)) and below is an overview of how TRUE HERO FOUNDATION complies with EU data protection law.
- Lawful Basis: TRUE HERO FOUNDATION will only process the personal data you provide (i.e., your name, email address, and postal or zip code) where:
- we have lawful grounds to do so, including to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations;
- we are performing a contract with you for our services;
- we have legitimate interests in using your personal data and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests; or
- where you have given us your express consent to the processing in question.
- Data Controllers: The data controllers for the purposes of EU data protection law are TRUE HERO FOUNDATION and its network of global affiliates.
- Third Parties: As you will see in the policy that follows, we will never disclose your personal data except to TRUE HERO FOUNDATION staff and TRUE HERO FOUNDATION’s authorized agents (discussed further below). If we disclose your data to third party authorized agents, we will execute non-disclosure agreements to ensure your personal data is never shared, sold, or disclosed by the third party agent.
- Reason for Processing: By sharing your personal data with us, we count you as a “member” and send you emails about opportunities to take action to end suffering on the front lines of COVID-19. The reason we process your personal data–keeping it on our systems and servers, contacting you with opportunities to take action, and counting you as a “member”–is to fulfill our mission to end suffering on the front lines of COVID-19. We will never sell or profit from your personal data. You can unsubscribe at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
- Your Rights: If you are an EU citizen and reside in the EU, or are non-EU national residing in the EU, you may have the following rights with respect to the personal data you provide to us, to the extent permitted by applicable data protection laws:
- To withdraw any consent that you have provided to us to process your personal data.
- To access or rectify your personal data.
- To have your personal data erased if it is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was processed, you have withdrawn your consent to, or object to, its processing and there is no other legitimate grounds for processing it or you consider it has been unlawfully processed.
- To have the processing of your personal data restricted if you contest its accuracy, its processing is unlawful, we no longer need it but you need it for a legal claim, or you have objected to its processing and await verification of our legitimate grounds for processing it.
- To have your personal data transferred to another company under certain circumstances.
You also have the right to complain to your national data protection regulator if you feel that your personal data has been unlawfully processed.
Joining TRUE HERO FOUNDATION
When you become a community member (nominee, partner, donator, subscriber) of TRUE HERO FOUNDATION, we ask for information, including your name, email address, postal or zip code and country of residence. We do not share or otherwise disclose any personally-identifying information collected in this process. Only TRUE HERO FOUNDATION staff and authorized agents (as described further below) have access to personally identifiable information provided by you. You have the choice as to whether to provide such information to us.
A big part of our ability to influence people comes from fundraising and similar actions. Before signing, you should know what information we will keep private and what information we will make public.
When you complete a nomination form or similar action on our website, we treat your name, post/zip code and country as public information and may share this with the nominee or a person who is the target of the action.
When making such action information public, we will never disclose your email address or contact information.
Our website has online form(s) and email addresses through which you can contact us with questions, concerns, to report problems with our website, or other issues. In order to respond to you, we need your email address and country in which you live. We will not use this information without your permission for any purpose except to correspond with you regarding your inquiry. You may use these online form(s) and email addresses to correspond with us regarding any rights you may have under applicable law, such as the right to be informed about the information we hold about you and its use, the right to have your personally identifying data corrected or updated, the right to block your information, and the right to have it ported to another organization. We will comply with laws applicable to you and us in resolving the issue you raise.
To unsubscribe from our email list, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you wish to have your personally identifiable information removed from our systems, please contact us. Note, however, that while personally-identifying information disclosed in petitions can be removed from our systems, once it has been delivered to the target of that particular action, we cannot remove it from the target’s systems.
We may use your information with third party services to help us better understand and manage future public outreach on their platforms and to recruit new supporters in the fight against COVID-19. When we do so, we will make sure that these third parties keep any information we provide secure and that they subsequently delete the information from their systems.
We may disclose your personal information as necessary to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request.
Cookies are small text files stored on your computer, mobile or other internet-connected device by your web browser. They are used by most websites to facilitate certain types of functionality and usability of the website, including remembering you the next time you visit.
Cookies contain information about your use of a particular website but do not include any personally-identifying information by themselves (for example, they do not store your name or address).
To find out more about cookies more generally click here.
Any cookies installed on your computer by TRUE HERO FOUNDATION will expire within the calendar year. Note, we do not control cookies installed by third party providers (see below).
At the time this policy was written, the types of cookies used on TrueHeroFund.org include:
These cookies are used to recognize return visitors to TrueHeroFund.org so the site can remember your preferences. For example, cookies save you the trouble closing notification windows if you have closed them during a previous visit.
Similar to most websites, we use analytics to improve user experience and TrueHeroFund.org’s functionality. We use external services, including but not limited to Google Analytics and Facebook Analytics, to provide real-time reporting of, among other things, your use and navigation of TrueHeroFund.org to TRUE HERO FOUNDATION staff and our authorized agents. This reporting includes page views, unique views, unique visitors, repeat visitors, frequency of visits, and peak-volume traffic periods. We do not use this service to gather, request, record, require, collect, or track any users’ personally identifiable information.
If you do not wish your use of TrueHeroFund.org to be recorded in this way, please visit the Google website for instructions on how to opt-out.
Third party cookies
- Facebook’s data use policy: http://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/your-info-on-other
You have choices with respect to cookies. By modifying your browser preferences, you have the choice to accept all cookies, to be notified when a cookie is set, or to reject all cookies. However, please note that if you reject some or all cookies, your experience on TrueHeroFund.org and on other sites may not be complete. In addition, if you do not allow cookies, you will not be able to take advantage of any personalized content delivery offered.
We do not knowingly contact or collect personal information from minors. TrueHeroFund.org is not intended to solicit information of any kind from children under 13 (or if being a ‘minor’ is defined as a higher or younger age in your relevant jurisdiction, that relevant age), and we have designed the site to block our knowing acceptance of information from minors whenever age-related information is requested.
It is possible that by fraud or deception we may receive information pertaining to minors. If we are notified of this, as soon as we verify the notification, we will immediately obtain parental consent or otherwise delete the information from our servers. If you want to notify us of our receipt of information by minors, please contact us.
We use encryption technologies when transferring and receiving data from TrueHeroFund.org. In addition, we have appropriate security measures in place in our physical facilities to protect against the loss or misuse of information on TrueHeroFund.org site that we have collected from you. However, the transmission of information over the internet is never completely secure, so, while we do our best to protect personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of information transmitted to our website.